Gender-neutral jewelry is becoming more popular all the time. That’s good news for everyone since gender-neutral jewelry offers an inclusive option for non-binary people and expanded options for everybody else. With unisex jewelry, it’s easier for everyone to experiment with their style and have more fun with their accessories.
If you’re not familiar with gender-neutral jewelry, you might be wondering what, exactly, it is. Gender-neutral jewelry is unisex jewelry that’s designed to be worn by everyone. While people can wear any type of jewelry regardless of their gender, many jewelry designs are clearly aimed at either men or women. However, gender-neutral jewelry, also called genderless jewelry, is designed to be unisex.
Gender-neutral jewelry is a stylish, modern, and inclusive gift, making it an excellent choice for the special someone you’re shopping for. And if you’re on the hunt for some stunning gender-neutral jewelry gifts, we’re here to assist. Below, we’re featuring a few of our favorite gender-neutral jewelry styles.
Diamond Stud Earrings
Solitaire diamond stud earrings are arguably the most classic and highly desired jewelry style. And, luckily for everyone, they’re also gender-neutral. A high-quality pair of diamond studs will add style and sophistication to your look regardless of your gender identity. Diamond studs also look as good with casual outfits as they do with black tie attire, so they’re incredibly versatile. And perhaps the best thing about diamond studs is their timeless quality. Diamond studs simply never go out of style, so they’re something a gift recipient can enjoy wearing for decades to come.
All diamond studs are beautiful but note that different diamond shapes can create studs with different styles. Round diamonds are a classic (and very popular) choice, but they’re far from your only choice. Fancy-shaped diamonds, which is a term that encompasses every shape other than round, can offer you much more style variety.
If you’re not sure of the style of the different fancy diamond shapes, here’s a brief overview of the seven most popular fancy shapes:
- Princess: Princess cut diamonds appear square when viewed from above, giving them a clean, modern look.
- Cushion: Cushion cut diamonds are rectangular with rounded corners. These diamonds have a romantic, vintage style.
- Asscher: Asscher cut diamonds are square with cut corners and feature a distinctive step cut faceting pattern that creates an “x” atop the diamond. The strong geometric elements of the asscher cut give this diamond shape a striking Art Deco style.
- Emerald: Emerald cut diamonds are rectangular with cut corners and long, linear step cut facets. Emerald cut diamonds are glamorous, with a Retro era vintage appeal.
- Marquise: Marquise cut diamonds can be described as eye-shaped or football-shaped, but legend says that they were designed to resemble a smile. Marquise cut diamonds are striking, mysterious, unique, and romantic.
- Oval: Oval shaped diamonds are brilliant cut and oval shaped. These beautifully sparkly diamonds have an elegant, traditional style.
- Pear: Pear shaped diamonds have one rounded end and one pointed end, much like a pear or a teardrop. Pear shaped diamonds have a bold, dramatic style.
Colored Diamond Stud Earrings
If you’re shopping for someone with an individualistic sense of style, a pair of colored diamond studs is an ideal gift. Diamond gemstones come in every color of the rainbow, including many gorgeously vibrant hues.
Blue diamonds are one of our favorite options for colored diamond jewelry. They’re a stunning, eye-catching choice that always turns heads. They also have a particularly lovely meaning. Blue diamonds represent peace, devotion, truth, and spirituality.
If your loved one is more of a minimalist, there are also colored diamond studs that are perfect for creating more subtle and chic looks. Brown diamonds are perhaps our favorite neutral-colored diamonds, since they have a beautiful warmth, yet are still captivatingly brilliant.
Moissanite Stud Earrings
Last but certainly not least, we have moissanite stud earrings. Moissanite is a clear, colorless, and brilliant gemstone that looks remarkably like a diamond, yet costs far less. That’s because the moissanite you’ll find in jewelry is virtually always lab-grown. Natural moissanite exists but is so incredibly rare that there simply isn’t enough to use in jewelry.
Moissanites look very similar to diamonds, but they’re actually even more brilliant. Moissanite has an even higher refractive index than diamond, so they provide tons of scintillation. With its impressive shimmer and excellent per carat cost, moissanite jewelry is something we definitely recommend if you’re shopping for someone who loves glamour and standing out from the crowd.
Final Thoughts on Gender Neutral Jewelry Gifts
We hope this guide to gender-neutral jewelry gifts has helped you find the perfect gift for that special someone on your list. If you didn’t find the right fit in our gift guide, please feel free to contact us. In addition to offering the fine jewelry featured above, we have many other pieces that are perfect for gifting (or adding to your own personal jewelry collection). Examples of the types of jewelry we offer include sterling silver studs, delicate chain necklaces, birthstone jewelry, diamond engagement rings, wedding bands, chokers, diamond pendant necklaces, fashion diamond rings, rose gold pendants, statement necklaces, and huggie hoop earrings. Let us know who you’re shopping for and if you have any questions, and we’ll be happy to guide you toward a gift that your loved one will adore.